Wu Zhi Qiao (Bridge to China) Charitable Foundation commits to the improvement of livelihood of underprivileged villagers in Mainland China by mobilising Hong Kong and Mainland university students to build footbridges and village facilities. Over the years, the Foundation has provided over 3,200 university students and volunteers with real-life experience of planning and executing service projects which carry direct impact. Some of the Foundation’s projects have acclaimed international accolades in green design and regional philanthropic significance. We are now looking for a passionate, energetic and positive individual to join our team:
Assistant Development Officer
- To support the identification, development, implementation and evaluation of service projects in China.
- To provide guidance and support to student teams during the implementation of small scale construction/ voluntary service projects;
- To work with university partners to develop and implement potential experiential learning projects;
- To develop and organise capacity building programmes for student teams;
- To work closely with student teams and project stakeholders on project execution, monitoring and evaluation;
- To assist in project administration and finance.
- Sharing the mission of the Foundation;
- Proactive and people-oriented with excellent interpersonal, coordination and problem solving skills, and the ability to work under pressure;
- Availability to travel frequently to and work in remote areas in China during holidays;
- A good team player with positive attitude;
- Degree holder with at least 2 years relevant experience, preferably in organising / administration of student services and youth work/ programme design. Practical field experience in rural villages will be an advantage; and
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin proficiency highly desired.
Interest parties please send your full CV with covering letter, stating current and expected salary, availability to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 May, 2018.